The promise of a better career and high pay is what drives Filipinos to find work overseas. A lot of countries overseas look for people who are productive and very reliable for their companies. Filipinos are known to be very dedicated to their work and very skilled as well. One country that has been offering a good deal of remuneration and better life ahead is Canada.
Canada has been a destination not only for vacation but also for employment. Canada has Federal Skilled Workers visa which Filipinos can apply for. This visa is for skilled workers who are chosen to become permanent residents based on their education, experience in their field, and knowledge of the two languages commonly spoken in Canada – English and French. Filipinos can choose this visa category to immigrate in any Canadian territory except for Quebec. Quebec selects its own skilled workers.
Who are eligible to apply for the Federal Skilled Workers category?
• An individual who have worked full time (or an equivalent amount in part-time) in a single occupation within the last 10 years. This individual should be at skill type 0, or skills level A or B.
• The individual should have a foreign educational credential and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an agency recognized by CIC to show that the person’s educational attainment is equal to a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential.
• The individual should also meet the minimum language levels including the results of a language test that is recognized by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
In taking the language test, the individual should schedule the test which CIC recognizes and pay for the necessary fees. Upon getting the result, this should be included together with the other requirements for the application. Here are the language tests CIC accepts.
1. CELPIP: or the Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program
The CEPIP has three different tests. Individuals applying under this category should take the CEPIP-General 2014.
2. IELTS – International English Language Testing System
The IELTS test has two different modules – the Academic and the General Training. Applicants should take the General Training module. Individuals should be able to hit a score of at least 6.0 in all four skills – speaking, listening, reading and writing.
1. TEF – Test d’évaluation de français
For Filipinos, taking the IELTS will be the best thing for their language requirement. To be able to reach the score of at least 6.0, preparation is needed. Reviewing is a must. Prepare necessary requirements beforehand when applying for a visa in the Federal Skilled Workers category.
Gather more information about IELTS here: www.ieltsexamstips.com