Feeling nervous before an exam?
Everybody feels apprehensive before taking the test. These people often think if they have studied enough for the exam or prepared the important skills in the exam. Once the paper is given, the anxiety level gets higher. Some are able to cope with the pressure but others find it hard and end up failing the examination. What would you probably feel if you were to take the IELTS or the International English Language Testing System exam?
Many who have taken the test say that they felt anxious and super stressed before the exam. Some even got sick during the exam. It is not surprising why some people feel this way. However, this can be avoided if you feel confident for the examination. How can one boost their confidence before taking the IELTS exam?
1. The confidence comes from knowing that you have prepared for the exam. Reviewing for months for the exam is the best way of preparation. A couple of days before the exam. Take a rest and avoid stress.
2. Studying hard for the exam is the root of confidence. Once you know that you have enough practice tests done and exercises answered, there will be nothing that could beat you.
3. On the night of the exam, get some rest. Do not stress yourself thinking about tomorrow’s exam. Browse through your notes and get ready for bed early.
4. Tell yourself that you can do your best. Do not cloud your thoughts with negativity. If others can pass the exam, so can you.
5. Upon arriving in the test location, relax and be comfortable. Talk to other people to relieve stress.
6. Before taking the test, say a little prayer. There is no harm in asking for help from the Supreme Being you believe in.
7. Once you have your questionnaire, do not look at the questions as very difficult. Think of them as easy ones that you could finish – a piece of cake!
8. Think positively in the exam.
9. Breathe while taking the test. Keep calm. It is not only you that is taking the test. Be confident that you will get the best score in the exam.
10. Believe in yourself. Once you know that you can do it well, it boosts your confident in the exam.
In the IELTS test, knowledge is important, as well as confidence. People do better if they know that they are good at what they are doing and confident that they can achieve the best score in the test.
Get more IELTS tips here www.ieltsexamstips.com