Studying requires a lot of attention and focus. The more focus you give while reviewing, the better learning you get. In taking the IELTS or the International English Language Testing System examination, giving one’s 100% focus is the best way in reaching the desired target score.
With the emergence of an online IELTS review classes, preparing for the exam has never been better. With the convenience of reviewing right in one’s home, students are expected to learn better and perform well in activities. However, there are some problems of losing focus in an online IELTS review. Here are some tips for candidates to maintain their focus while reviewing online for the IELTS.
- Choose a spot where you can study. Use your study desk at home or an empty room in your office or school to study. Avoid studying in areas like on your bed or in the canteen as these could distract you from learning. A library is a good option too as long as you are allowed to speak in your normal voice volume when having a class.
- Turn off your mobile phone or switch it on vibrate mode. It will be difficult to listen to your teacher if you keep using your phone checking Facebook posts and the like. Make it a rule not to use your phone while studying.
- Check your internet connection. Poor signal can interfere your learning. Sit close to the router for better internet signal.
- Have good headphones on. A clear crisp sound will make the class better. You will have a hard time listening to your teacher when there is static on your headphones.
- Write down notes. Not everything the teacher tells you is written on your manual. There are some points, like personal experience tips, that guide you towards learning.
- Do not study while the television or radio is on. You are studying so you have to focus on your computer alone. Though some people prefer turning the TV on while studying, a quiet environment is much preferable in an online IELTS review class.
- Have something to eat in class. Ask your teacher if you can have some biscuits or candies while learning. Studying with an empty stomach is not recommended.
- When class has started, only use Skype. Do not open other tabs for Facebook or Youtube. Keep yourself from using these while in class to avoid distraction not only to you but also to your teacher.
- Avoid having classes in coffee shops, fast food chains and even noisy places in your home. The noise from your background makes it impossible for you to understand your lessons.
- Think of your goals. Having a goal pushes you to do better in class. Think of the target score that you need to hit. Imagine the better things life has to offer you when you finally get your visa. Let these fuel your attitude towards learning in the IELTS.
People naturally work harder on things that they want. Focusing on your goals is the ultimate secret in studying seriously for the IELTS.
For more IELTS Tips you can visit this site www.ieltsexamstips.com